This page shows the upgrades/changes made on my CNC Mk1 design. Which are the following:
- The brass screw rods were replaced by timing belts.
- The linear guide system was changed to use some V-groove bearings running on the edge of aluminum profiles.
- The step motors have been replaced with some stronger step motors from an old photocopier I disassembled.
- The spindle is now moving along the X-axis and Z-axis. The mounting plate of the material is moving only on the Y-axis.
- I have designed my own control board and replaced the Arduino.
This aluminum profile serves both as mount plate for the step motor and the pulley on the other end, as well as the linear guide on which the v-groove bearings will be “traveling”. This design was used only on the Y-axis.